Sasscer, Clagett & Bucher represents persons injured as a result of medical malpractice and their surviving families throughout Southern Maryland. SCB has experience with many types of medical malpractice claims.
Sasscer, Clagett & Bucher takes on a wide variety of medical malpractice claims.
Medical malpractice claims may arise from:
- Labor and delivery events causing birth injuries (such as certain types of cerebral palsy, Erb’s Palsy, hypoxic ischemic encephalopathies). These include claims for failure to perform a timely c-section, the use of forceps or vacuum extraction, failure to diagnose or treat pre-eclampsia, failure to identify and treat signs of fetal distress and failure to anticipate and take appropriate action when a shoulder dystocia occurs.
- Emergency room and trauma center errors, including failure to admit a patient to the hospital who is having a heart attack or needs a specialist.
- Hospital negligence, including negligent supervision, nursing actions, medication errors, bedsores, and preventable or treatable infections.
- Failure to diagnose various cancers including breast, skin, lung, or colon cancer.
- Critical care or ICU errors
- Cosmetic surgery failures
Was there Medical Malpractice?
Not every tragic outcome results from medical negligence. Not every hospital error merits a malpractice claim. If you suspect a medical error contributed to a serious injury or death of a family member, our attorneys will review your case and help you determine what happened and if you have a good claim. Please contact our Upper Marlboro office to arrange a consultation.
What Constitutes Medical Negligence?
When any member of the health care profession — a doctor, a nurse, a therapist, a dentist — fails to provide care that meets the standard of care established by the profession and as a result causes injury, it constitutes medical malpractice. If medical malpractice occurs, it may entitle the patient (or the patient’s estate) to bring a claim.
Consultation & Claim Evaluation
If you have medical malpractice questions, we invite you to call 301-627-5500 or e-mail our office to arrange a consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers. We serve clients throughout Maryland from offices in Upper Marlboro and La Plata.