Insurance Coverage Dispute Attorneys
At Sasscer, Clagett & Bucher, insurance defense attorneys specialize in three categories of issues relating to insurance policies and claims:
- Ensuring policyholders are protected if they are sued;
- Helping people determine when their insurance company must pay a claim;
- Making sure insurance companies comply with applicable regulations.
Companies and individuals pay substantial amounts of money each year for insurance coverage that protects their property in the event of damage or loss. The precise terms of the coverage are included in the insurance policy. Often when a loss occurs, the insured party contacts the insurance company, makes a claim, and the insurance company pays for the losses. But this is not always the case.
When coverage is denied or the insured are investigated by the insurance company, the insured party requires expert legal assistance from insurance defense attorneys. At Sasscer, Clagett & Bucher, we can help determine if the denial of coverage was valid.
Most Common Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Fire claims
- Water damage claims
- Homeowners’ claims
- Construction coverage claims
- Motor vehicle insurance claims
- Bad faith claims
An insurance defense attorney can represent insurers and their policyholders in all aspects of the claims process, including:
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist claims
- Automobile third party liability
- First-party wage and medical coverage
- Property and homeowners claims
- Products liability
- Premises liability
- Employment law
- Medical malpractice
- Legal malpractice
- Insurance coverage
Consultation and Claim Evaluation
If you have a question about an insurance defense claim, we invite you to call 301-627-5500 or email our office to arrange a consultation with one of our insurance defense lawyers. We serve clients throughout Maryland from offices in Upper Marlboro and La Plata.