Mark Thomas Foley
5407 Water Street
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772
Mark Thomas Foley is a partner at the firm of Sasscer, Clagett & Bucher. He has received the highest rating of Superb by Avvo an attorney rating service and has been honored as a Super Lawyer. The Super Lawyer honor is issued to no more than 5% of Maryland Lawyers.
His practice involves a broad range of civil and criminal matters, including but not limited to criminal defense, legal and medical malpractice, personal injury, defamation, and specialized insurance defense work. Having been involved in hundreds of jury trials with favorable verdicts, Mr. Foley's practice encompasses both state and federal court.
Mr. Foley, an AV rated attorney, is recognized by his colleagues and clients as a gifted and experienced trial attorney particularly for achieving successful verdicts in cases with complicated medical or legal issues.
Prior to joining the firm in 1993, Mr. Foley served as a veteran prosecutor within the State's Attorney's Office for Prince George's County, prosecuting homicide cases for four years, then was named Chief of the Felony Division. During that period, he was appointed as a special prosecutor for Montgomery County, and successfully prosecuted a notorious homicide case captioned State of Maryland v. Lisa Rubin.
Mr. Foley is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame and the Georgetown University Law Center where he graduated cum laude.
- Year Joined Organization:
- Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Defense
- Insurance Defense
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Professional Liability
- Bar Admissions:
- Maryland, 1985
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1985
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia,
Honors: Cum Laude
- University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana,
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Prince George's County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Past Employment Positions:
- State's Attorney Office, Prince George's County, MD, Asst. State's Attorney, Senior Trial Attorney, Chief of Felony Division, 1985 - 1993